Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disinterring, or taking out of the earth or the grave, literally or figuratively; exhumation.
- n. The act of disinterring.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of disinterring, or taking out of the earth; exhumation.
- n. the act of digging something out of the ground (especially a corpse) where it has been buried
- disinter + -ment (Wiktionary)
“The disinterment is a very painful process," Chávez said.”
“So she hired an attorney to handle the legalities of disinterment and sent remains from the mausoleum to a lab in”
“Cemetery for a formal disinterment ceremony on April”
“The lifeless form was hastily conveyed under ground where had been the circus ring and where the chances of discovery and disinterment were remote.”
“So I go to a disinterment of a couple of murder victims on the dusty outskirts of town.”
“When I heard the first disinterment was not positive it gave me a sick feeling," Scott Warner said.”
“The court order, however, bars any further disinterment even if the city has already received permission from next of kin.”
“When I heard the first disinterment was not positive, it gave me a sick feeling," Scott Warner said.”
“A small bit of good news out of the sordid disinterment scandal in Illinois: the body of civil rights martyr Emmett Till was left undisturbed.”
“Recently, Muslim and Croat disinterment teams dug up fresh graves of slaughtered civilians near Sanski Most, Bosnia and Petrinja, Croatia.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘disinterment’.
Looking for tweets for disinterment.