from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the accidental, erroneous act of repeating a word, phrase or combination of letters by a scribe or copyist.
- n. the errors produced thereby
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In paleography and textual criticism:
- n. Mechanical or unconscious repetition of a series of letters or words in copying a manuscript.
- n. A passage or reading so originated. Opposed to haplography (which see).
ditto + -graphy (Wiktionary)