Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An animal that casts its shell, like the lobster and crab.
- n. A shell-snail.
- n. UK, dialect A snail.
- n. UK, dialect A snail's shell.
- n. UK, dialect Any shellfish which casts its shell, such as a lobster.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Obs. or Prov. Eng. A snail; also, a snail shell; a hodmandod.
- n. (Zoöl.), Prov. Eng. Any shellfish which casts its shell, as a lobster.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dodman’.
very comprehensive list
of molluscs,who does not like
calamari? hmm yum
100,000 species just in molluscs
"Snaily, clammy, squidy" has evolved into a vehicle for linking to mollusk quotations, so I've started this list for vernacular names of mollusks.
The list is mainly a vehicle to give some quotations about mollusks, so check the comments.
Looking for tweets for dodman.