from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A violent fight between or as if between dogs.
- n. An illegal, organized fight between dogs, arranged for spectator entertainment and betting.
- n. An aerial battle between fighter planes.
- intransitive v. To arrange illegal dogfights.
- intransitive v. To engage in a dogfight.
- transitive v. To engage in a dogfight with.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A twisting turning battle between two or more military aircraft, especially between fighters.
- n. A fight between dogs.
- v. To engage in a battle between fighter planes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fiercely disputed contest
- n. an aerial engagement between fighter planes
- n. a violent fight between dogs (sometimes organized illegally for entertainment and gambling)
- v. engage in an aerial battle with another fighter plane
- n. disorderly fighting
- v. arrange for an illegal dogfight
Sorry, no etymologies found.