from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Flattened and having distinct upper and lower surfaces, as most leaves do.
- adj. Biology Extending from a dorsal to a ventral surface: dorsiventral muscles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. dorsoventral
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having distinct upper and lower surfaces, as most common leaves. The leaves of the iris are not dorsiventral.
- adj. See Dorsoventral.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, same as dorsabdominal.
- In botany, same as bifacial, 2.
- Also dorsoventral.
Sorry, no etymologies found.