from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reference mark (‡) used in printing and writing. Also called diesis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The typographical sign ‡ that is used to indicate a footnote or reference
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a reference mark (‡) next to the dagger (†) in order; a diesis.
- n. a mark of reference [‡] which comes next in order after the dagger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a character used in printing to indicate a cross reference or footnote
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.