from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Fastened by lapping one edge of the front of a garment well over the other and usually having a double row of buttons with a single row of buttonholes. Used especially of a coat or jacket.
- adj. Having a double-breasted coat: a double-breasted suit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Closing with a double row of buttons that form a wide overlap.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Folding or lapping over on the breast, with a row of buttons and buttonholes on each side.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made alike on both sides of the breast, as a coat or waistcoat having two rows of buttons and buttonholes, so that it may be buttoned on either side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of clothing) fastened by lapping one edge of the front well over the other usually with a double row of buttons
Sorry, no etymologies found.