from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Closing with a narrow overlap and fastened down the front with a single row of buttons: a single-breasted suit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Closing with a single row of buttons that form a narrow overlap.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lapping over the breast only far enough to permit of buttoning, and having buttons on one edge only.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having but one breast.
- Having buttons on one side only and buttonholes on the other: noting a coat, waistcoat, or other garment. Compare double-breasted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of clothing) closing with a narrow overlap and fastened with a single row of buttons
Sorry, no etymologies found.