Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A local name in the United States of the Eskimo curlew, Numenius borealis, the smallest American species of the genus Numenius.
- n. It has a slender bill only about two inches long. It is abundant during its migrations, and is much sought as a game-bird. Also doe-bird.
- n. The Eskimo curlew (Numenius borealis).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) The Eskimo curlew (Numenius borealis). See curlew.
- dough + bird, from its soft, pale breast meat. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘doughbird’.
Birds that have the word bird in their names. (This list also includes some general descriptions of certain kinds of birds - wading birds, water birds, &c.) For other bird-related fun (especially p...
Looking for tweets for doughbird.