from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who casually drops in, as to visit or obtain an appointment.
- n. An informal social event.
- adj. Provided for short-term use: a drop-in center for runaways.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. provided for short-term use
- adj. fit to substitute some element in a complex system without changes to the existing infrastructure
- n. one who casually drops in.
- n. informal social event
Sorry, no etymologies found.