from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To knock against; to hit, punch
- v. To crash into, to bump into.
- v. To jog, especially with the elbow.
- n. A fat hit from a claggy lie.
- n. A small meal between lunch and dinner in the late afternoon or early evening (about 3-5 p.m.), usually including tea or coffee with cookies, sometimes fruits, a salad or a light sandwich.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To push or jog, as with the elbow; nudge.
- n. A jog with the elbow; a nudge; a ‘dig in the ribs.’
- Dull; stupid; slow of understanding.
- Heavy, as bread; stodgy.
- n. A stodgy pudding, made of flour, currants, and water.
- n. Improperly baked bread.
Origin unknown. (Wiktionary)
A blend of lunch and dinner (probably in imitation of brunch). (Wiktionary)