American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of a number of enteroviruses of the family Picornaviridae, inhabiting the gastrointestinal tract and associated with various diseases, such as viral meningitis, mild respiratory infections, and severe diarrhea in newborns.
- n. An RNA virus of the Enterovirus genus of the Picornaviridae family, found in the gastrointestinal tract.
- n. any of a group of viruses associated with various diseases including viral meningitis and mild respiratory disorders and diarrhea in newborn infants
- Shortened form of enteric cytopathic human orphan virus. (Wiktionary)
- e(nteric) c(ytopathogenic) h(uman) o(rphan) virus. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Within her first hours, she developed respiratory distress and was transferred to Children's Hospital, where physicians identified liver failure caused by echovirus.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘echovirus’.
Vituperative viruses : vindictive and vicious. This list doesn't even touch on the havoc wrought by bacteria, parasites, and prions.
poliomyelitis, marburg virus, ebola virus, subacute sclerosi..., progressive multi..., rabies, encephalitis leth..., lymphocytic chori..., tick-borne mening..., tropical spastic ..., dengue fever, rift valley fever and 85 more...
Looking for tweets for echovirus.