from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An omission of words needed to fully express the sense of a phrase
- n. A line or dash used to show that text has been omitted
- n. A mutation of the initial sound of a word by which voiceless sounds become voiced, voiced stops become nasal consonants, and vowels acquire a prothetic nasal consonant: see Appendix:Irish mutations#Eclipsis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the omission or suppression of parts of words or sentences.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An eclipse.
- n. Omission of a sound or letter; specifically, in Celtic gram., the suppression of the sound of a radical consonant when preceded by another of the same organ.
- n. A momentary loss of consciousness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. omission or suppression of parts of words or sentences
Sorry, no etymologies found.