Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A reproduction or copy of an original; a copy: opposed to prototype.
- n. Specifically In architecture, a copy in relief or embossed.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A copy, as in pottery, of an artist's original work. Hence
- n. A work sculptured in relief, as a cameo, or in bas-relief (in this sense used loosely).
- n. A copy from an original; a type of something that has previously existed.
“The idea of the prototype or ectype derives from Jean-Baptiste Robinet's post-Spinozist”
“One other issue with early Booster is that a lot of his story is very reminiscent of Superman, and that comparison doesn't flatter Booster at all the proper term is that Booster is a Superman ectype.”
“The knowability of the world is explained in terms of the basic Platonic principles of archetype and ectype (form and copy).”
“For we cannot imagine that the next ten thousand years will offer its ectype.”
“$_SESSION [ 'eclogsession'] (can't see anything possibly colliding with that var name) $_SESSION [ 'ecid'] $_SESSION [ 'ectype'] $_SESSION [ 'uname']”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ectype’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for ectype.