from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A copy; usually contrasted with the original, or archetype.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A copy, as in pottery, of an artist's original work. Hence
- n. A work sculptured in relief, as a cameo, or in bas-relief (in this sense used loosely).
- n. A copy from an original; a type of something that has previously existed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A reproduction or copy of an original; a copy: opposed to prototype.
- n. Specifically In architecture, a copy in relief or embossed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.