American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of learning through a medium that both educates and entertains.
- n. Any of various media, such as computer software, that educate and entertain.
- n. A form of programming (cinematic, television, live action, and games, especially computer games) that provides both education and entertainment.
- n. entertainment that is intended to be educational
- Blend of education and entertainment (Wiktionary)
- edu(cation) + (enter)tainment. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“We call it 'edutainment' - you educate as you entertain.”
“This concept is commonly referred to as edutainment today.”
“It is the word-play of the great Graham Greene that gave us "edutainment" -- that is how the master referred to certain of his works.”
“Entertainment: Microsoft is trying hard in the fast-growing category that software developers call edutainment, a combination of education and entertainment.”
“It navigates between the shoals of entertainment and education with the so-called edutainment strategy.”
“Hard to believe the Republican fear machine needs any more help fomenting anger in the ill-informed and weak minded, but I suppose an unlimited flow of corporate "edutainment" might help them regain power after the unmitigated disaster that was the Bush administration.”
“I founded a small math "edutainment" firm dedicated to encouraging math achievement in disadvantaged communities, and generally enjoyed life from thereon.”
“Nor are we the lower grade but wildly abundant "edutainment" web sites that share the same instructional value as a Hershey's Kiss.”
“My God, does that mean Science Fiction was the first form of 'edutainment'?”
“Three out of the four speakers really knew how to work a room, making good on the publicist's promise of a day of engaging "edutainment," and the fourth -- even though, unlike the others, he worked from a prepared text and never left his spot behind the lectern -- nevertheless held people's attention with his material.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘edutainment’.
Words, words, words!
Words that appear on the home page of Wordnik.
why aren't you more manly
Words on Wordnik that I think are awesome!
Looking for tweets for edutainment.