American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- interj. Used in asking a question or in seeking repetition or confirmation of a statement.
- interj. Chiefly Canadian Used to ascertain or reinforce a listener's interest or agreement.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An interrogative exclamation expressive of inquiry, doubt, or slight surprise.
- n. An abbreviation of electrical horse power.
- interj. Used as a tag question, to emphasise what goes before or to request that the listener express an opinion about what has been said.
- interj. In isolation, a request for repetition or clarification of what has just been said. Compare what, pardon.
- interj. Canada an interjection used to ascertain the continued attention of an individual addressed by the speaker
- adj. informal Of bad quality.
GNU Webster's 1913
- interj. An expression of inquiry or slight surprise.
“Ø Õ •eW ± E Ù Ø Õ E Ù Ø Õ ~± E × p | å E U x S x S eh• S d H G S c c eh x UW e x S”
“* deeeee dooooooo** eh oh eh oh eh** ert kssssssssshhhhhhhh kssssssssssssshhhhhhh*”
“eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh~ stop telefoning moi~ stop callin stop callin im dun huanna talk anymoars~”
“Try to keep abreast of the title eh?, this thread's going tits up you know.”
“Tapos nung uwian eh akala pa namin eh naiwan kami ni Mica ng bus buti na lang nakita namin sina Kevin, Toptop, Meljune at Czedrick kasama si Sir Belandrez.”
“You can tell it's a Canadian cigarette 'cause it ends in "eh".”
“Prison guards allowed you near a computer again eh hood ..?”
“Better to protec the public from idiots like this than to allow them to risk our lives again eh? on October 28, 2009 at 4: 59 pm Tony F”
“Anyway last year same farm early season, .. thought I was sooting a BIG doe satning in eh thick stuff at 30 yds, .. got up to the deer and one antler was very screwed up growing flat down the side of his face the other was just a point, .. less than three inches”
“Anonymous is correct - if you salt the crawfish before you purge them (while still in eh ice chest) it kinda sanatizes them, but also they are purged of any poop inside of them and are much cleaner.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘eh’.
Words known to Canadians. These may not be understood by other North Americans, eh?
little words that make a big difference
there are a numbe..., none of which wou..., but i like my mes..., just ask me, ill tell you, it was white, eh, but not so much now, now it is an, aray of colors, thats what one ge..., not the kind in t... and 51 more...
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
The liner notes that accompany Papa San's dancehall album God & i include this thoughtful list of Jamaican-to-American translations, to aid in understanding what the heck he's saying in each song.
For definitions see the source document.
"All the words and phrases included in this guide are those that have been used by patients during consultations and have been included to assi...
Useful words to have in your backpack.
or, as some Speaking teachers say (I suspect to annoy me), "word whiskers"
Two-letter words that are common. For a full list of all possible 2-letter words, check out this list.
All playable 2 letter Scrabble words from OSPD4
Looking for tweets for eh.