from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make brown or dusky.
- transitive v. To darken.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make brown or dusky.
- v. To become brown or dusky.
- v. To darken, make dark.
- v. To darken, become dark.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To give a brown color to; to imbrown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make brown; darken.
- To make dark or obscure.
- To grow or become brown; acquire a brownish hue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to darken
- v. make brown in color
Sorry, no etymologies found.