from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Variant of impale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Obsolete form of impale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make pale.
- transitive v. To fence or fortify with stakes; to surround with a line of stakes for defense; to impale.
- transitive v. To inclose; to surround. See Impale.
- transitive v. To put to death by thrusting a sharpened stake through the body.
- transitive v. Same as Impale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- etc. See impale, etc.
- To cause to grow pale.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pierce with a sharp stake or point
Sorry, no etymologies found.