from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become purple.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make purple.
- v. To enrage or anger, referring to making the face purple or red with blood.
- v. Of writing, to make overly flowery or showy; to embellish unduly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To tinge or dye of a purple color; to color with purple; to impurple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tinge or color with purple:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. color purple
em- + purple (Wiktionary)