from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To bind with or as if with chains.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To restrain with, or as if with, chains
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To bind with a chain; to hold in chains.
- transitive v. To hold fast; to confine.
- transitive v. To link together; to connect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To chain; fasten with a chain; bind or hold in or as if in chains; hold in bondage; enthrall.
- To hold fast; restrain; confine: as, to enchain the attention.
- To link together; connect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. restrain or bind with chains
Sorry, no etymologies found.