from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group or set of nine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The number nine.
- n. Any system or grouping containing nine objects.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The number nine or a group of nine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The number nine; a system of nine objects; especially, in mathematics, a system of nine points common to different plane cubic curves, or a system of nine lines common to cubic curves.
- n. One of the divisions of Porphyry's collection of the doctrines of Plotinus: so named from the fact that each of the six divisions contains nine books.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
Greek enneas, ennead-, from ennea, nine; see newn̥ in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Greek enneas which means from nine. (Wiktionary)