from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical incision into the intestine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. incision into the intestine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Incision of the intestines, especially in reducing certain cases of hernia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, dissection of the bowels or intestines.
- n. In surgery, incision of the intestine, as in the operation for artificial anus, or for the removal of an obstruction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. surgical operation that creates a permanent opening through the abdominal wall into the intestine
entero- + -tomy (Wiktionary)