Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the interior of the eye.
- adj. medicine Located within the eyeball.
- adj. medicine Of or relating to visual phenomena caused by objects within the eye, or the objects themselves.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Physiol.) Relating to objects situated within the eye; esp., relating to the perception of objects in one's own eye.
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)
“They are called entoptic visions and could be mixed and matched in a bewildering variety.”
“Makes me wonder what kind of entoptic imagery, slipping around on the oozing oily substrate of Kal's forebrain, he might be liable to see in his darkest moments...”
“Altered States Eric Pettifor on the possible origin of cave art in 'entoptic' visual effects.”
“Since these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.”
“Take a careful look at the Upper Palaeolithic designs depicted at the bottom of this interesting page on entoptic phenomena reproduced above.”
“The figures are all wearing ritual shirts believed to be skin shirts painted with the patterns of the entoptic visions that the shamans saw during their trances.”
“If you look closely in this picture just to the left of center you can see a square geometrical petroglyph, perhaps one of the entoptic vision shapes described by Whitley.”
“Do you recall seeing any geometric designs that might fit with the "entoptic images" that Whitley and others have talked about?”
“.....and the shapes that cover this boulder are representative of what Whitley talks about as the shapes seen in entoptic visions.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘entoptic’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
A list of words whose meanings I am learning, either because a) I don't know the meaning b) I know the meaning, but could stand to better appreciate certain inflections or secondary meanings or c) ...
Words from Nabokov's autobiographical work.
Looking for tweets for entoptic.