from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The center of a planetary epicycle.
- adj. Having comparable measurements in all directions; equidimensional.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A circle around whose circumference a planet or the center of ann epicycle was conceived to move uniformly; -- called also eccentric equator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having equal arcs described in equal times; figuratively, regulating. See II.
- n. In the Ptolemaic system of astronomy, a circle about whose center the center of the epicycle of a planet was supposed to describe equal angles in equal times. Also called eccentric equator.
Sorry, no etymologies found.