from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Open land where fairs or exhibitions are held.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An area where a fair (an event for public entertainment) or other public event is held; a showground.
- n. A commercially-operated collection of rides, games and other entertainment attractions; an amusement park.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an open area for holding fairs or exhibitions or circuses. Often used in plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The grounds in which an agricultural or other fair is held.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an open area for holding fairs or exhibitions or circuses
from fair + ground (Wiktionary)