from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A part of a country that is isolated from the main part and is surrounded by foreign territory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A portion of a country's territory not connected to the main part
- n. A detached part of an organ, as of the pancreas, thyroid, or other gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A portion of a country which is separated from the main part and surrounded by politically alien territory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A part of a country, province, or the like which is disjoined from the main part.
ex- + (en)clave.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)