from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The outermost layer of a spore in some algae and fungi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The outer layer of a spore, especially in some algae and fungi
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The extreme outer wall of a spore; the epispore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The outer coat of a spore, corresponding to the extine of pollen-grains: same as epispore.
- n. An outer coat of dried protoplasm adhering to the surface of a spore, as to the resting-spores of Peronospora and Mucor.
Sorry, no etymologies found.