from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Expectancy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anticipation, hope.
- n. Alternative spelling of expectancy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of expecting; expectation.
- n. That which is expected, or looked or waited for with interest; the object of expectation or hope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or state of expecting; anticipatory belief or desire.
- n. Something on which expectations or hopes are founded; the object of expectation or hope.
- n. Same as expectative, 2.
Sorry, no etymologies found.