from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Located or occurring outside a blood or lymph vessel.
- adj. Lacking vessels; nonvascular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Situated or happening outside of the blood vessels or lymph vessels
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Outside the vessels; -- said of the substance of all the tissues.
- adj. Destitute of vessels; non-vascular.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being out of the proper vessel or vessels; without distinct vessels: applied especially to the free circulation of the blood of insects between the viscera and the muscles, without special veins or arteries.
- Nonvascular: applied to parts which have no blood-vessels: as, cuticle and cartilage are extravascular structures.
Sorry, no etymologies found.