from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The reddish-brown color phase of the jaguarundi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A slender, reddish-yellow wild cat (Felis eyra) ranging from southern Brazil to Texas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wild cat (Felis eyra) ranging from southern Brazil to Texas. It is reddish yellow and about the size of the domestic cat, but with a more slender body and shorter legs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of wild cat, Felis eyra, ranging from Texas southward into South America, of a uniform reddish color, with an extremely long, slender body, long tail, and short limbs, especially the fore legs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat
American Spanish eirá, a kind of fox, from Guarani eirara.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Native South American name. (Wiktionary)