from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A king, queen, or jack of a deck of playing cards. Also called picture card.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A playing card which has a picture on it (usually Jack, Queen or King, but can include Ace or Joker).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one of a pack of playing cards on which a human face is represented; the king, queen, or jack.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A playing-card on which there is a face; the king, queen, or knave of any suit of cards; a court-card.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the twelve cards in a deck bearing a picture of a face
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.