Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Roman antiquity, the ceremony of religious purification, especially as performed at the festival of the Lupercalia on the 15th of February.
- n. purification, rejuvenation, renewal, especially ritual or ceremonial
- n. the object of such purification; a sacrifice
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete Purification; a sacrifice.
- From Latin februatio, from februare ‘purify’. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘februation’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Care about your social environment? Save these endangered words from extinction... don't delay, adopt an out~of~date adjective today!
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for februation.