from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of fear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fellow; a mate; a companion.
- n. Particularly A mate in marriage; a spouse; a husband or wife.
- n. [In the form fere, appar. as a var. of feres, feren, pl., taken as a collective and abstract noun.] Company; companionship.
- n. See fear.
- To mark off the breadth of for plowing, as a ridge. See feering.
- See fear.
From Middle English fere, from Old English fēre ("able to go, fit for service"). More at fear. (Wiktionary)