from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A peasant or agricultural laborer in an Arab country, such as Syria or Egypt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A peasant, farmer or agricultural laborer in the Middle East and North Africa.
- n. Alternative spelling of fella.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A peasant or cultivator of the soil among the Egyptians, Syrians, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Egyptian or Syrian peasant, laborer, or tiller of the soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agricultural laborer in Arab countries
Arabic fallāḥ, from falaḥa, to cultivate, till; see plḥ in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Arabic فَلَّاح ‘tiller of the soil’. (Wiktionary)
Representing a colloquial pronunciation of fellow. (Wiktionary)