from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small nocturnal fox (Vulpes zerda, formerly Fennecus zerda) of desert regions of northern Africa, having fawn-colored fur and large pointed ears.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small fox of the species Vulpes zerda, found in the Sahara (excluding the coast) and having distinctive oversized ears.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small, African, foxlike animal (Vulpes zerda) of a pale fawn color, remarkable for the large size of its ears.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small African fox, the zerda, Vulpes zerda or Fennecus zerda.
- n. A misnomer of an entirely different African fox, of the genus Megalotis or Otocyon.
Arabic fanak.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Arabic فنك (fának). (Wiktionary)