from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flexible fiberoptic device used to view a fetus in utero.
- n. A type of stethoscope designed for listening to the fetal heartbeat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a flexible fibreoptic device used to view a foetus in the womb
- n. a form of stethoscope for listening to the foetal heartbeat
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stethoscope placed on the pregnant woman's abdomen to listen for the fetal heartbeat
Sorry, no etymologies found.