from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To test (a technique or product) under conditions of actual operation or use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To test something using the conditions that it was designed to operate under, especially out in the real world instead of in a laboratory or workshop
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to test something in the field, i. e. under the actual conditions under which it will be used. Used in contrast with testing in a laboratory or under controlled conditions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a test of the performance of some new product under the conditions in which it will be used
- v. test something under the conditions under which it will actually be used
Sorry, no etymologies found.