from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a narrow borderline of another tincture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a fringed border; fimbriate.
- adj. Having a very narrow border of another tincture; -- said esp. of an ordinary or subordinary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry: Bordered or edged with a narrow band on all sides.
- Less properly, edged along one side only, as the St. Patrick's saltier in the British union jack. Also fimbriate and edged.
Sorry, no etymologies found.