from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a fine manner; splendidly.
- adv. To a fine point; discriminatingly.
- adv. In small pieces or parts: finely chopped nuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a manner to produce a fine result; as to grind finely means to grid to a fine powder.
- adv. Very well, in a great way
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a fine or finished manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a fine manner, in any sense of the word fine; admirably; elegantly; showily; delicately; sensitively; adroitly; subtlely; minutely; thinly; lightly: as, a picture finely painted; a stuff finely wrought; flour finely ground; a thought finely expressed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a delicate manner
- adv. in tiny pieces
- adv. in an elegant manner
But Desmond is what you call finely organised; and you can't handle a violin as you would
I make my guacamole pretty much like you, except I leave out the garlic and add in finely diced, drained tomatoes.
Roll each smaller log in finely chopped nuts, coconut, sprinkles or coarse sugar.
Stir in finely chopped rosemary and grated Parmesan (or nutritional yeast).
CRISP PORK BELLY, SWEET PEACH SALSA Ask your butcher to score the skin finely for this, as the crackling is essential.
After a few minutes of conversation we mentioned his two sidearms that were in finely tooled holsters on a splendid gunbelt.
Books are presold in finely divided subgenres and shelf space is precisely allocated.
Mix in finely crushed mints and 6 1/2 tablespoons sugar.
Next time I will mix in finely chopped rosemary into the goat cheese.
Meyerhof has also traced them in finely chopped muscle substance kept moist in a suitable liquid, and in that case found them take place 10-29 times more rapidly than in the well-known muscle preparation.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.