from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a fine manner; splendidly.
- adv. To a fine point; discriminatingly.
- adv. In small pieces or parts: finely chopped nuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a manner to produce a fine result; as to grind finely means to grid to a fine powder.
- adv. Very well, in a great way
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a fine or finished manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a fine manner, in any sense of the word fine; admirably; elegantly; showily; delicately; sensitively; adroitly; subtlely; minutely; thinly; lightly: as, a picture finely painted; a stuff finely wrought; flour finely ground; a thought finely expressed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a delicate manner
- adv. in tiny pieces
- adv. in an elegant manner
fine + -ly (Wiktionary)