from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organized body of firefighters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of people within a corporation or industrial site, organized for the purpose of putting out fires, usually in addition to their normal job.
- n. An organization, often part of a local government, whose purpose is preventing and putting out fires.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an organized body of men for extinguished fires.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An organized body of firemen belonging to a particular town or district.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a private or temporary organization of individuals equipped to fight fires
- n. British name for a fire department
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.