from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An organization whose purpose is to extinguish fires.
- n. A single emergency response unit and its personnel within a fire department
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a company of men managing an engine in extinguishing fires.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A company of men for managing an engine to extinguish fires.
- n. A fire-insurance company.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a private or temporary organization of individuals equipped to fight fires
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.