from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The wife or hostess of the chief executive of a country, state, or city.
- n. The foremost woman of a specified profession or art: the first lady of the American theater.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The leading woman in a specified field of endeavor.
- n. Alternative spelling of First Lady.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the wife of a chief executive
- n. the leading woman in an art or profession
Sorry, no etymologies found.