from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fistfight.
- n. A cuff or blow administered with the fist.
- v. To engage in a physical fight.
- v. To strike, fight or spar with the fists.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cuff or blow with the fist or hand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A blow with the fist: commonly in the plural, combat with the fists; cuffs of the fist given and taken.
fist + cuff ("blow with the hand"). Modern uses as a verb are a back-formation on the plural uses of the noun. (Wiktionary)