Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A play in which the players snatch plums, raisins, or other things out of burning brandy or spirits, and swallow them; snapdragon; also, the materials for the game.
- n. A plum, raisin, or other thing to be snatched from the burning liquor in playing flapdragon. See the extracts.
- To swallow at one gulp; snatch and devour, as in the play of flapdragon.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A game in which the players catch raisins out burning brandy, and swallow them blazing.
- n. The thing thus caught and eaten.
- v. obsolete To swallow whole, as a flapdragon; to devour.
“Type = FFD flapdragon | #4 | 12: 41 on Mon, Jan. 18 | Reply”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘flapdragon’.
cat-o-nine-tails, snake in the grass, puppy love, white elephant, crocodile tears, monkey business, keep the wolf fro..., culture vulture, black sheep of th..., scapegoat, ugly duckling, swan song and 260 more...
Words containing the not-so-common string *pdr. Click on the string to see the short list containing this string indexed by Wordnik.
Add your examples that are not on the list.
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
words not found in other
dictionaries,these are from Macquarie
Dictionary and not playable in
Looking for tweets for flapdragon.