from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A board or structure of boards extending above a dam to increase its capacity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A board placed temporarily upon a milldam, to raise the water in the pond above its usual level.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A board placed temporarily upon a milldam, to raise the water in the pond above its usual level; a flushboard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as flashing-board.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. boarding place along the top of a dam to increase its height
Sorry, no etymologies found.