from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Bits, fragments, or splinters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fragments, splinters
- n. Plural form of flinder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Small pieces or splinters; fragments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bits and splinters and fragments
- n. British explorer who mapped the Australian coast (1774-1814)
Middle English flendris, possibly of Scandinavian origin; akin to Norwegian flindra, splinter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Probably of Scandinavian origin: compare Norwegian flindra ("splinter"). (Wiktionary)
See flinder. (Wiktionary)