from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of flood.
- n. An act of flooding; a flood or gush.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The filling or covering with water or other fluid; overflow; inundation; the filling anything to excess.
- n. An abnormal or excessive discharge of blood from the uterus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of overflowing or inundating; inundation.
- n. The menstrual discharge when excessive; also, hemorrhage after childbirth.
- In an obsolete use, lavish or profuse.
- n. A method of applying water for irrigation by permitting it to spread over nearly level ground, with or without restraining checks or small dikes built of earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a technique used in behavior therapy; client is flooded with experiences of a particular kind until becoming either averse to them or numbed to them
Sorry, no etymologies found.