Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of the red-backed shrike or lesser butcher-bird of Europe, Lanius or Enneoctonus collurio.
- n. The mechanical part of a toilet that causes the toilet bowl's contents to be sucked down the drain.
- n. Agent noun of flush: one who flushes.
- n. US, politics A worker for a political campaign who persuades voters to vote on Election Day
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A workman employed in cleaning sewers by flushing them with water.
- n. (Zoöl.) The red-backed shrike. See Flasher.
- flush + -er (Wiktionary)
“Locals says Ms. Sparks, who is supported by business groups and opposes new corporate taxes, has a shot at winning the seat, which she might not have had in flusher times.”
“flusher" - the term for a volunteer who rounds up nonvoters on Election Day-to know exactly who had, and had not, voted in real time.”
“The Obama campaign's New Media experts created a computer program that would allow a "flusher" — the term for a volunteer who rounds up nonvoters on Election Day — to know exactly who had, and had not, voted in real time.”
“With this in mind, I had to use bleach on my toilets seat and the silver 'flusher'.”
“Firms that in flusher times might have rebuffed suitors now are courting them.”
“A born flusher, his keen eyesight and sense of smell are a true threat to New York's squirrels, cats and even the occasional raccoon.”
“That was up from 23 such petitions over the previous three years, when times were flusher.”
“Ah git 4.567 /sec from ma American Standard flusher: - D”
“Since I'm deferring costly deco upgrades until flusher times, high - end fabric and upholstery will have to wait.”
“To say nothing of the cost, I want a hunting companion, not a retriever, pointer, flusher, whatever.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘flusher’.
Bore that meets the eye.
Words that, at the I put them here, weren't being listed by anyone else in the entire universe.
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for flusher.