from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To adjust or come to a focus.
- transitive v. To bring or be brought to a focus; sharpen.
- transitive v. To concentrate or be concentrated; localize.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To focus, or to adjust a focus
- v. To sharpen an image by focusing
- v. To concentrate on a particular location; to localize
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To bring to a focus; to focus; to concentrate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring to a focus; focus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put (an image) into focus
- v. bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
- v. become focussed or come into focus
- v. concentrate on a particular place or spot
Sorry, no etymologies found.