from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who incites or promotes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who foments; one who encourages or instigates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who foments; one who encourages or instigates: commonly in a bad sense: as, a fomenter of sedition.
- n. A device for applying heat to any part of the body, consisting usually of a tin vessel made to contain hot water, and shaped as its purpose requires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who agitates; a political troublemaker
From foment + -er (Wiktionary)